How to Choose the Best Eyebrow Mask Buying Guide
In order to choose the best eyebrow mascara mask that meets your needs well, it is necessary to observe some information about the product. For example, check the color of the mascara, its composition, and even if it is waterproof or not.
If you are looking for practicality when it comes to correcting your eyebrows, you will love the eyebrow mask. It has the function of combing the hairs and leaving them fixed in place. In addition, some skins are colored, which provides enhancement and vividness. Therefore, we have prepared a complete guide to help you at the time of purchase.
What is the Difference between Brow Gel and Mascara?
There are few differences between these 2 products, however, they can totally change the final result of your eyebrows. Brow gels tend to offer more pigmentation and leave a more intense look. The masks have the purpose of combing and leaving the hair in its place. In addition, some have a tone and offer more naturalness to the highlights.
Brow gel can be used to create a “brow lamination” effect, which is a technique used to lift the hairs up for a more natural look, keeping them in place for many hours. We have two versions of eyebrow mascara: without color and with color.
Colorless for those who only want to put their hair in its place. You can style them in any position you want, but they don’t have as high a hold as gels. The colored one, on the other hand, helps to give volume to the hairs and also to tone them.
Choose Between Tinted or Transparent Mascara
The eyebrow mascaras are available in 2 versions, colored and transparent. The choice between them will depend on the purpose and the effect you want. The color options will add color to your brows, making it a great option for those who want to fill in blemishes.
The transparent versions , on the other hand, are good for those looking for a natural look or for those who have thick, well-filled brows naturally, and don’t want to make them stand out even more. The transparent version is perfect for combing and aligning the locks without adding colour.
Choose the color of the eyebrow mascara according to the tone of your eyebrows
In order not to make a mistake with the color of the mask, first look at the tone of your eyebrow, ideally the color of the product should be very similar to the natural one. In this way, you will have beautiful and natural eyebrows. In general, brunettes should prefer brown tones .
Blondes can bet on the grayest tones , since, normally, this color fills in a natural and light way. Fortunately, brands already offer several color options in their products, so check this information before choosing your new mascara.
To choose the tone of the mask we must observe the hair color and try to get as close as possible to the tone. Normally in the market it comes in light, medium and dark colors.
The light shades are for blondes and redheads, the medium ones for light browns or medium browns (depending on the redhead’s tone, if it’s darker, you can also use this same tone). Finally, the dark tones choose from dark brown to black.
Active ingredients in the composition to nourish and hydrate the eyebrows
If in addition to aligning, combing and defining the eyebrows you also want to nourish and hydrate , look for hydrating active ingredients in the product formulas. Below you will find the most common active ingredients found in eyebrow mask compositions.
- Vitamin B5: This vitamin acts as a powerful antioxidant for the skin. Ingredients with this function help fight premature aging. In addition, it is a great asset to contribute to the fight against white eyebrow hairs .
- Panthenol: component that helps hydration of the skin and alleviates the aspects of dry and parched skin. It is also widely used to fill in the eyebrows, since it contributes to their growth .
- Vitamin E: Another antioxidant active, vitamin E not only prevents white eyebrow hairs, but also contributes to their growth. With this vitamin the eyebrows will grow healthy and beautiful .
It is also possible to find assets such as passion flower and vitamin B8 in the formulas. So, if you want to bring more benefits to the eyebrows, opt for masks with some of these components in the composition. You will not regret!
Some brow mascaras are also indicated for eyelashes and facial hair . This way, in addition to leaving the eyebrows in place, you can also align the chops and facial hair. In addition, tabs can also be defined.
If you choose one of these options, you will have a product with multiple functions in your bag. Normally, it is the colorless skins that have this feature. However, check this information before purchase, on the product packaging or on the official website of the brand.
Colorless mascara is a good option for men who want to give their eyes an effect, without looking like they’re wearing conventional mascara. Gives more volume and helps to curl the eyelashes.
As a makeup artist, I have been in situations where moms wanted light makeup for their young children for a very special occasion. In these cases, we use a colorless mascara because it does not burden the look and maintains its naturalness.
Check if mascara has additional benefits
For more benefits, check out if brow mascara has additional benefits. Mascara can be waterproof , vegan, cruelty-free, paraben-free, and even dermatologist- and ophthalmologist-tested. See more information about each of these extras below.
- Waterproof: With a good waterproof mascara, you can keep your brows intact for hours without having to worry about exposing them to water or sweat. They are more resistant and have great durability.
- Vegan: Vegan cosmetics do not contain animal ingredients in their composition. These products are good options for those who value the vegan lifestyle and for those who defend the animal cause.
- Cruelty-free: Unlike vegan cosmetics, cruelty-free cosmetics may contain animal ingredients in their composition. However, they are free from animal testing in the manufacturing of the product.
- Dermatologically tested: dermatologically tested products are those approved by a dermatologist before being placed on the market.
- Ophthalmologically tested: those that have already been ophthalmologically tested have undergone ophthalmological tests, carried out by a specialist doctor to check for possible ophthalmic reactions.
Paraben-free: still today it is a widely used ingredient in the formulation of products, but it can cause allergies and skin irritations. For this reason, many brands already develop eyebrow masks free of this component.
How many additional benefits, right? To check all these characteristics you can consult the product packaging or take a look at the official website of the brand. However, there are not many options with these features on the market.
Also Read: How to Choose the Best Tangle Teezer Brush